C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:39:19 -0400
Yes, he's definitely got a wonderful sense of humour for his age. Not sure if it's a good thing or not...

The boys went to summer day camp this year. One day they were playing "Simon Says". The other kids were doing the usual Touch your toes, Touch your head, etc. When it was his turn, Anthony (in a loud and very clear voice) says: "Simon says... touch your... penis!"  The girls, of course, just  looked confused. One little 8 year-old boy almost fell out of his w/c he was laughing so hard. The counsellors struggled to keep straight faces. And, of course his brother Bobby did an immediate Michael Jackson move and grabbed his crotch! Anthony just laughed and laughed. Boy am I in trouble!  :-)

Yvonne

Mommy to Anthony (CP)  & Bobby (both age 5)

>>> [log in to unmask] 08/29/02 03:21PM >>>
Anthony has definitely a fast start on CP humor!! Regarding Ken's earlier
question re: humor & CP, I have found humor, particularly the ability to make
other laugh,an excellent coping device. To me, it is also a sign of
intelligence and good mental health.

Bobby