C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:59:06 +0000
From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Wednesday 13 Mar 2002 8:45 am, Betty B wrote:
> In a message dated 3/12/2002 6:06:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> > What about mirrors, a 45 degree mirror on the ceiling would fool
> > that Bundy his momma had got REALLY tall. Yeah, mirrors (and
> > smoke of course).
>
> My whole day feels like various smoke and mirror experiments to see
> what will be most entertaining to him.
>
> I can think of a lot of things that would freak him out, and that's
> probably on top of the list.  If getting to the highest place is
> his perceived ticket to safety, this would put him in the birdy
> rubber room before too long.
>
> Let's do it.
>
> I did -- true story -- think of you this afternoon, when I played
> my favorite Beatles song to him.
>
> Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
> but she doesn't have a lot to say.
> Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
> but she changes from day to day.
>
> I wanna tell her that I love her a lot, but I gotta get a belly
> full of wine.
>
> Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
> some day I'm gonna make her mine, o mine.
> Some day I'm gonna make her mine.

Ahh, John Lennon - in my life I've loved them all.

> It's all more smoke and mirrors.  I'm just looking for whatever it
> takes to appease him, as long as it doesn't reinforce screeching.
> Man, on a bad day it's like living with Joan Crawford in her
> daughter's clothes closet.

Yeah, I remember that screech.

> You are such a Deri...

Actually, my real name is Derwyn Lloyd, but that name is too "wet"
for someone with CP!! (Its not Der as in fir, in Welsh the 'R's are
rolled and the 'll' is closer to "thll" - a name that could well
drown someone).

Cheers

Deri

PS Lin  didn't know my real name was "Derwyn Lloyd" I'd told her it
was "Deri Zachariah", and at our wedding she hesitated when asked
whether she took "Derwyn Lloyd James" as her "(l)awful wedded
husband"..