Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:43:04 -0600
I also don't think that method will universally work with all
rigs.  Tim Hendel had a Yaesu and I forget the model, that he
says works pretty well at setting P.L.'s.  He gets into the P.L.
menu and then scrolls through the P.L. tones keying the repeater
each time until it comes up.  He then knows which P.L. is the
correct one.  I wish more rigs would allow that because in many
cases if you hit the press to talk button that gets you out of
the menu.  Also, the P.L. finder feature is nice to have but
first of all the repeater has to be active for it to work and
secondly even if it finds the correct P.L. tone we can't read it
off the screen so it is of little value in terms of later
programming the correct tone into a memory.

Harvey