From:
Rod N. Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 10:51:05 -0500

We have been very lucky, 5 year old had bad stomach pain during meals
for one month(no other symptoms), within one month we had done the
sonogram, upper GI, and the endoscopy.  CD was detected.  Diet change
for life..OK...no problem.  Here is the dilemma.  We were all tested,
wife had 2 slight elevated, 2 year old son - 3 out of 5 high.  The
doctor says he probably has CD but wants to do a endoscopy biopsy to
confirm.  My 2 year old has NO symptoms and is a big healthy boy (like
his older brother), doctor said even if biopsy comes back negative he
should still go on gluten-free diet because of the elevated test results
and a brother who is confirmed.  I don't know whether to go through the
endoscopy procedure or not, if he is going to go on the diet anyway.
HELP