From:
Kathy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:12:27 -0400

For several years, I have made this cobbler in July, when the blueberries
are ripe on the bushes and there are fresh local peaches at the farmer's
market.  Since my husband was diagnosed last November, I decided to give it
a whirl with gf flours.  It is as delicious as it always was.  This topping
is fluffy and cake-like, not like the biscuit-like toppings on some
cobblers.  Enjoy!

Kathy
Pittsburgh, PA

Peach Blueberry Cobbler

Topping:

1   cup flour (I used four flour blend plus 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum)
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine

Filling:

1/4 cup brown sugar
1   Tblsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
3   cups sliced peaches (about 5 medium)
1   cup  blueberries
1   Tblsp. margarine
1   Tblsp. lemon juice

2   Tblsp. coarse sugar (or just regular sugar)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Make topping:  Stir flour, sugar, and baking powder together.  Add milk and
margarine all at once.  Stir with a whisk until smooth.  Set aside.

Prepare filling:  Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and water in saucepan.
Add peaches and blueberries.  Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened
and bubbly.  Remove from heat; add margarine and lemon juice; stir until
margarine melts.

Pour filling into an ungreased 8" square pan.  Spoon topping in mounds over
hot fruit; spread evenly over.  Sprinkle with coarse sugar and cinnamon.

Place on a shallow baking pan (because it may bubble over) and bake at 350
degrees until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out
clean.

This is good either warm or cold.