Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:03:21 -0700

Thanks to those who supplied the following info regarding food sources
in the southwest:

Nevada
Las Vegas

Spartan Health Foods on W. Sahara and the corner of WarmSprings and Eastern
Trader Joe's on Sunset and on the west side of the valley
WildOats on Stephanie and WarmSprings and on Tenaya on the west side.

Utah

info at www.gfutah.org
grocery info at www.gfutah.org/grocery
restaurant info at www.gfutah.org/eatout

New Mexico
Albuquerque and Santa Fe

Wild Oats

Arizona
Flagstaff
New Frontier's health food store
        on the West side of town off of I-17/I-40 on Milton Rd., accross
from the Walgreen's drugstore.
Basha's grocery store also has a limited supply of flours and cerals
Indian restaurant
        - don't live there and cant remember the name offhand but it is
in the Wallmart Shopping Center which you can see from I40. They have a
very good lunch buffet 7 days a week.

California
San Diego

Whole Foods at La Jolla Village Drive and I-5
Jimbo's on Del Mar Heights Blvd

        just east of I-5 (they even carry freshly baked GF muffins,
cookies, etc. sometimes)
Henry's (several locations)

        the one I go to is at Encinitas Blvd. and El Camino Real in
Encinitas
several Trader Joe's stores

        the one I go to is at Encinitas Blvd. and El Camino Real (near
Henry's) in Encinitas
Whole Foods in Hillcrest (Near the Zoo and Balboa Park)

If you are careful with what you order, the Mexican food here is great.
I usually get bean or beef tostadas.

If you see an "In-N-Out Burgers" and you're not a vegetarian, STOP!
Their burgers are phenomenal -- if you order it "protein style," it
comes with a lettuce "bun."  The sauce is GF, too, if you believe that
vinegar is okay.  Fries are fine -- haven't checked into their shakes,
though.  There are several of these places throughout the county -- the
one I go to is at Palomar Airport Rd. and I-5 in Carlsbad.