Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:40:38 -0700

I just talked to a woman in Consumer Services at White Wave soy products
in Boulder, CO.  She said they recieved so many inquiries about gluten
in their products that they've changed not only the ingredients but also
the manufacturing procedures to accomodate gluten sensitive people.

All of their soy milks and cultured soy products (yogurts) are made in
dairys, but in a separate part of the facility so they can guarantee
it's all dairy free.  All five flavors of their soy milks are gluten
free, the natural flavors don't have any gluten and their vanilla is now
Corn based.  NO gluten-containing products are manufactured on the same
lines as these products, or even in the same facility.

White Wave tofu products are processed in the same facility as Seitan, a
baked tofu product made from GLUTEN.  But their other tofus are gluten
free, and manufactured in a different area, on different lines from the
Seitan.

The woman is checking on the way the tempehs are flavored, but there is
the possibility of cross contamination.  I'll email the list when I get
more on that process!  Here are their gluten free products:

Tofu:
hard tofu
organic soft
organic firm
   -vacuum and water packs
fat reduced
transitional firm=20
  -vacuum pack
  -extra firm

Tempeh - made on same equiptment as gluten-containing tempeh
original soy
wild rice
soy rice=20
sea veggie