From:
Beth Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:57:02 -0600

There were several responses to pinto bean flour.  I think it must be a
personal thing if you like it.  Thanks for the input - I may try a cup of
beans first to see how easily the grind before tackling 25 pounds.  I have
a hand mill!

Yes, just cut about 20% of rice flour and add this bean flour at your
regular flour blend. It will be still better.

I have made pinto bean flour in my flour grinder. The beans are hard and it
makes a lot of noise.

Pinto Bean Flour does not work very well for baking.

Steve /Authentic Foods

I have made pinto bean flour for several years and really like it a lot. I
use it in many of Bette Hagman's recipes with great success. I have enjoyed
it much more than the garbanzo flour I have purchased. I did buy a 25# bag
of pintos from the food coop.

I have a grain mill and have used it ... I can really tell the difference
IN OTHER BEAN FLOURS....

cbh/montana