EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:39:18 GMT
Hello Asdis,

Can you use a joystick?  If not, how do you control your wheelchair?
What is tiring about it?  And what do you want the computer to do for
you?  If you want it to read to you, I may have some software of interest
to you, called WordAloud.  It can be operated by a joystick, since it
has just four basic commands: Left, Right, Up (Forward) and Down (Back).
It reads any text file or web page from your computer.  Download a book
from the Internet and read it!

WordAloud was designed for use by visually impaired people, and
has a large character, word-at-a-time display, and speech synthesis.
But most visually impaired people are elderly, so we designed the
system to be very easy to operate, e.g. using the four cursor keys
for the four basic commands.  It can also be operated entirely by
the mouse (or other pointing mechanism), for people who have problems
with a keyboard.

You can download an evaluation copy of WordAloud from
www.wordaloud.co.uk.  WARNING: this expires at the end of June.

SPECIAL OFFER:  $29.95 for a personal copy, if ordered before 12th July.
(This price excludes VAT, if applicable.)

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London, UK
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk and http://www.wordaloud.co.uk