EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rick Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 20:57:13 -0400
Ramon,

Hardly an opinion deserving of a flame, since there is an element of
truth to it - but only a small element.  Its a bit like saying that
Carlos Delgado hits such beautiful home runs, we can dispense with the
pitcher.

No matter how good the assistive technology might be, it does not, in
itself, overcome inertia or predjudice.  Without activists, lawyers and
legislators, the response to the finest wheelchair ramp would still
likely be, "Why should I?"  Some would deny you entrance to places you
would go, simply because you use a wheelchair and look "different". Is
the scientist's solution "better" than that of the advocate?  It depends
on the nature of the problem you are attempting to solve.  This whole
business is teamwork for one obvious reason:  It works.

Rick Sinclair
SNA
Kanata, Ont.