From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:32:08 -0600

Hi Everyone,

Someone requested info on GF aspirin at our last support group meeting
and I did some checking and found that Walmart carries Equate brand
Adult Low Strength Enteric coated aspirin (81 mg) made by Perrigo.

Per phone call to Perrigo today, as of the present time, all Equate
brand liquid and tablet products MADE BY PERRIGO are GF.  These products
are sold by Walmart.  Perrigo's phone number is 800-719-9260.  To
recheck periodically, take the 800 number with you to Walmart and before
you purchase, have the pharmacy call Perrigo with the lot number of the
product you wish to purchase and they can tell them immediately if it is
GF.  Customer service is available until 5 pm EST Monday thru Friday.

I also called on Bayer aspirin and was told that all Bayer products
could contain trace amounts of gluten (nonmeasurable) because they
cannot say that the ingredients that they purchase are completely GF.
However, the customer service rep did say that they have not changed
their formulas.  She also mentioned that it is on the drawing board to
certify all companies that they buy their ingredients from and that
should solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Barbara in Illinois