From:
Connie Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 04:36:07 -0700

Thank you to those who responded.  Here's what I hope will be a useful
condensation of all the feedback.  Sorry I've been so slow, but our daughter
got married last week-end so I've been very busy.  (And no, the wedding cake
was not GF, but the kitchen staff where we had the reception was GREAT about
making accommodations in the menu!)

1. If you have CD, don't eat gluten....period!

2. If you don't have symptoms, although life may be more comfortable, you
can be at a higher risk because you may be unaware if you are eating gluten
and causing damage.

3. If you are an individual who has symptoms, don't be fooled into thinking
that just because you don't react to a food, it's OK.  The damage to the
vili can still happen without symptoms.

4. Some individuals have health problems beyond their CD which cause them to
be sensitive to foods that don't have gluten.  Don't assume you'll have the
same problem.

5. As the disclaimer on every mailing says, check out info for yourself.
Much of what is shared on this listserve is personal experience, NOT medical
fact.  It is VERY valuable, but be an informed consumer.  Read labels and
call manufacturers.

  Connie in Vermont