From:
Elaine Mathews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:32:13 -0500

Dear Listmates:

Do you know if you and your family have the celiac gene?  My family is so
grateful to me for giving them information from Dr. Fine's website at
www.enterolab.com  They consider me as saving their lives as I almost lost
my life due to this disease prior to my celiac diagnosis almost eight years
ago being asymptomatic.  My family would have never known that they carry
the gene.  My father is just now learning that he has both celiac genes!  He
was very surprised to learn this information.  Especially since he has nine
brothers and sisters.  I have never seen him so interested in this disease.
 All done over the internet and through the mail.  How amazing is that.  (He
is now asking me to look up just about everything there is that he shows
symptoms for).

I am so gr ateful for Dr. Fine's new stool and gene testing because my
family is now aware of their risk and how life threatening this can be.
They are now going to take every precaution to prevent intestinal damage
and other complications by going gluten-free.  Dr. Fine is a genius for
developing these new tests and making them available.  My family and I
will be forever grateful.

Elaine