Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:29:54 -0700
From:
Shelly Holland <[log in to unmask]>

Hi:

I am looking for recipes for making gluten free pasta.  I have a machine
which mixes and extrudes pasta in various shapes but am wondering if a
gluten free recipe will produce dough stiff enough to extrude.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Another question.  Last night I made GF bread using a combination of
rice flour, quinoa flour and tapioca flour.  The bread has an unusual
taste which I have not found with other items I have baked using no
quinoa flour.  Does the quinoa flour have a distinctive taste?  Should
it be used in moderation in recipes as to avoid it overpowering the
taste?  The combination I used was 1 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/2
cup tapioca flour....What do you think?

Shelly
Newcastle, California