From:
Carlos Diaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:29:19 -0300
Ian,
I had the same problem since saturday after a crash, In my Windows 2000
partition I could connect and everything, but on my Win 98 Se NOT, I tried
all the known and proven solutions, like removing and reinstalling Dial Up
Networking, removing and reinstalling all the protocols, adapters and
services,disabling all background running software (firewall, antivirus,
etc),  restarting in safe mode and trying to connect to the internet, I
could connect and verify my username and password but no comunication after
that. I removed win98se and reinstalled everything again, .now I have the
internet OK again. I suspect that something happened after using Norton
WinDoctor, I am not sure, but It was one of the last things I did.
Carlos