From:
ETLehner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:51:17 -0400
Hi all.

I took on the task of replacing the DC power card inside a ThinkPad 380XD,
belonging to a 9 year old boy who managed to totally mangle the socket for
the AC power adapter (boys will be boys).  The replacement card is here, so
I started unscrewing screws to get at the bad card....

To my dismay, there seems to be a lot more to dismantling the case than I
had figured on.  I've got all the external screws off, but nothing is even
LOOSE, much less coming apart!

I don't see any information about disassembly at IBM.com, although that
doesn't surprise me, it's probably not the sort of thing they want to
encourage people to do.

Can anyone offer any advice or instructions on how I can get the covers off
of this thing, without damaging anything?   Very frustrating to have the job
held up because I can't get the lid off.

Thanks --

Eileen Lehner
8/14  1149edt

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,