From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 16:08:46 -0400
See my message titled 'BIOS Utility' from 5/29.  Search the web, I used
google, for these keywords: cbrom.exe and modbin.exe.  I found several
articles specifically about Award BIOS passwords.

About taking the battery out:  By design, your system is supposed to boot
under this situation.  The leading problem is that the hard disk detection
is not set to 'auto', by the default settings so the system won't boot.  In
this case, you will get the 'cmos error' message requesting you press del
and enter setup.  Load defaults, then Select 'Auto-Detect hard drives'.  The
second problem I see is PCI peripherals.  I wonder if some sort of
combination of settings, based around the prompt 'plug and play o/s?', can
prevent what happens next, but I usually see the 'new hardware detected'
wizard after a really major touch to cmos, and all my peripherals get their
irq settings shuffled, etc.  Whatever, it rarely causes any trouble.

Tom Turak