From:
Göran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:53:17 +0200
Dan,

your answer seems to be "Win95 or later".
I assume you mean Windows 95, 98 and ME?
Windows NT and 2000 are of a different breed; cntl-alt-del is a very hard
system request signal from the user to the OS, invoking things like login
and logout (and task mgr).

By "AT type computers", do you mean the form factor (older style) of
motherboards? (Remember there was something called IBM PC/AT, usually called
just "AT" ...)

Regards,
Göran Halfvarson, Sweden

---
| I'm referring to a general
| phenomena that I notice mostly on AT type computers that many of
| them respond to Ctrl+alt+del, mainly with Win95 or later (not Win
| 3.1) running with a shutdown immediately.
---
| Dan
|

| > It would be helpful to have some facts about your machine and
| the operating
| > system being used.  Those details do make a differance.  For
| instance, in
| > DOS and Windows 3.x, cntl-alt-del is supposed to reboot the
| > machine.  That's the way the Wintel architecture was set up.
| In Win 95,
| > that same combination brough up the task manager, which you are
| apparently
| > looking for.  So, what are you running, and what are you
| running it on?
| >

| > David E. Ralph

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com