From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:56:55 -0700
On Sun, 3 Jun 2001 23:55:05 -0700 Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> --->> I'm lucky here also,  my friend raises grass fed beef and sells
> to his
> >> family and friends for $1.25 to $1.45 a pound no matter what cuts
> you
> >> want.   That's cut and wrapped.
>

> it looks the price of the carcasse cut and wrapped  ( 40 to 45
> percent is
> waste) overwise he just give it away and cover his cost (
> butchering)
>
> jean-claude

Actually there isn't much that goes to waste.  What isn't bought gets
donated to certain families.  For example, the head gets donated to the
same family all the time.  There is no charge for liver, heart or
kidneys.   Almost everything is used.  He doesn't sell at this price to
make money, He just knows between him and his wife they cant eat a whole
steer in one year.  So his friends and family reap the benefits as well.
He is not in it for the money.

Trish