AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E. Aggo Akyea" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:52:25 -0600
> From: Gretchen Voter <[log in to unmask]>
>
> In the 1990s, African citizens stood up, acted, and radically changed
their continent. "Hopes on the Horizon," a new two-hour documentary from
Blackside, Inc. ("Eyes on the Prize"), chronicles the rise of pro-democracy
movements and the expansion of civil society in six African nations-Benin,
Nigeria, Rwanda, Morocco, Mozambique, and South Africa-during the Ūnal,
extraordinary decade of the twentieth century. Airing on PBS on February 16,
2001 at 9pm ET(check local listings), the film uses eyewitness accounts and
compelling archival footage of key events to follow the courageous and
dramatic acts of the men and women who fought to reclaim their social and
political freedoms.

>  The comprehensive companion Web site (http://www.pbs.org/hopes) will
launch the week of February 19th . Would you consider adding a link to the
"Hopes" site and sharing news of the Web launch and broadcast with your
viewers, either on your site or via a listserv message?