From:
Christina Kuhne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:15:50 +1100

Dear List

It is summer here and I always love sweets or desserts in summer so here
is another one I have come up with.

Once again if there is something in the recipe you don't understand
donmn't hesitate to email me.

Christina

Jelly (Gelatin) Slice

1 packet of Gluten free cookies crushed
1/ cup of melted butter or margarine

1 litre of milk (I use lactose free.)

3 tablespoons of sugar
4 heaped tablespoons of corn flour (cornstarch is the same)

2 packets of Raspberry Jelly (Gelatin)
 2 cups of boiling water
1 cup of cold water.

Pour the melted butter/margarine over the crushed biscuits and press
into a medium rectangle deep dish. Place in freezer while you prepare
the next layer.

Bring the milk to the boil, while this is happening blend the sugar and
cornflour/cornstarch with a little water to form a thin paste.
When the milk boils add the paste slowly and stir till it reboils and
thickens.

Pour this gently over the base of biscuits.  Place in freezer for 10
minutes. While you prepare the next layer.

Mix the jelly crystals with the boiling water till dissolved then add
cold water and mix thoroughly. After the slice has been in the freezer
for 10 minutes pour the jelly over  the top of the custard layer. The
best way I find to do this is the hold a large spoon over the layer and
pour the jelly onto this and it will not penertrate the custard layer.
Place in fridge till set at least a few hours.

Slice into squares and serve with cream if you can have it.