From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:49:49 -0500

Hi Listmates,

Thank you all for your suggestions with foods at Ruby Tuesdays.

I did hear from the company directly and they would not give any
nutritional information on their menu items because of cross-
contamination issues and different suppliers in different parts of the country.

Menu items mentioned by listmates were:

Potato Skins
Spinach Queso
Burger w/no bun
Fries w/no spices
Grilled Chicken Breast
Stuffed Baked Potato without bacon (not real bacon)
Corn tortillas with beef or chicken, rice & black beans

(The burger with no bun and fries with no spices were mentioned by a
person with wheat allergy not celiac.  I am sure that the fries are not
made in a dedicated fryer, so personally would not order them.)

Now for our personal experience, we had the Potato skins for an
appetizer and then the manager brought out labels from their burgers and
chicken.  The chicken actually had few additives and my husband had a
grilled chicken breast, baked potato and salad bar.  There were lots of
fresh veggies on the salad bar besides the lettuce and also several
kinds of fresh fruit.  They have vinegar and oil in cruets at the end of
the salad bar that you can use or you can take your own dressing if you
wish.

We had a very good experience at Ruby Tuesdays and will go there again.

Many of their meats are prepared in a marinade, so make sure to ask
about that before ordering.

We also found another chain restaurant in the south called O'Charleys
while on our trip.  They were able to accomodate with plain grilled
steak, baked potato and salad.  They also had several other choices for
meat that was not pre-marinaded.   We highly recommend them as they were
very accomodating.  We ate at the one in south Nashville (I believe the
Route 98 exit to Murfreesboro) and the one in Dothan, Alabama.

We also visited Panama City Beach, Florida and ate at Sharky's.  They
have a beach side open deck with entertainment where you can enjoy your
meal.  There were several different seafood choices available.  My
husband had the grilled shark, baked potato and salad.

Happy GF eating to you all,

Barbara in Illinois