From:
Sandra Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 16:24:22 -0800

I received this in answer to my question about the gluten status of Soy
Dream.

---------------

Thanks so much for your interest in Imagine Foods' products. The following
Imagine Foods products are gluten free:

Imagine Natural® Organic Garden Vegetable Soups and Broths (all varieties)

Soy Dream™ Beverages (all varieties)

Imagine Natural® Pudding Snacks (all varieties)

Power Dream® Natural Energy Drinks - All Flavors

Rice Dream® Frozen Desserts in plain Carob and Vanilla flavors only

Soy Dream™ Frozen Dessert Pints & Quarts, all flavors except Chocolate Fudge
Brownie

Rice Dream Beverage is NOT GLUTEN FREE. It is made primarily from rice; it
contains no whole wheat or barley ingredients, however our patented enzyme
process utilizes barley enzymes to convert the complex carbohydrates in
brown rice to naturally occurring sugars. It is this process that gives Rice
Dream Beverages their sweet flavor without the need for added sweeteners.

The actual grains used to grow the enzymes are discarded after the enzymes
are extracted.

The barley protein found in the final Rice Dream Beverage product occurs in
parts per million amounts (less than 5 mg barley per 8 oz serving).

There are two primary areas of concern regarding the gluten content of our
Rice Dream Beverages and Rice Dream Frozen Dessert products. They are:

The use of enzymes grown on grain in processing.

The use of grain alcohol based flavoring extracts.

The Imagine Foods Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert products that do not contain
alcohol based flavoring extracts are the Carob and Chocolate flavors.
Products that contain corn-based extracts are: All flavors of Power Dream,
Imagine Natural Puddings, and The Vanilla Flavor Rice Dream Frozen Dessert.
These products should be acceptable in a gluten-free diet.

Thanks again for your interest in Imagine Foods, and please feel free to
contact me again if I can be of any further assistance. I encourage you to
visit us on the [log in to unmask] for further product information,
recipe ideas, and more.

Sincerely,

Mollie McEvoy

Consumer Relations