From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 14:38:23 EST

Since I have been GF, I have tried to bread chicken, fish, zucchini and other
vegetables and the breading just comes off in the pan.  Last night I added
guar gum (Xanthan gum can be used interchangeably, but guar gum is cheaper),
to the egg and milk mix.  The bread crumbs stayed on the chicken for the
first time.  I don't know why I didn't think of it before.  I added about 1/2
teaspoon, sprinkling it so it did not clot in the eggs, and then mixing well
before dipping the chicken. Hope those of you who have not tried it will have
as good a success as I had.  Good eating,  Carol