From:
Laura Berkeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:03:39 -0400

I wanted to give you a summary of the responses I received regarding my
friend who has celiac disease and is experiencing bone pain.  So many of
you responded that you are or have experienced the same symptoms.  Many
said that the bone pain went away after you were on the GF diet.  One
member mentioned that taking Vitamin D plus Ca at a time not taking iron
helps and of course limit caffeine.  A few calcium building drugs were
also mentioned but mainly she was encouraged to call her Dr and not just
accept the pain as part of her disease.  Thank you so much for how you
wrote your responses, they were so supportive and understanding, I just
copied them off and gave them to her.  She is feeling very alone in all
of this and your kindness and support really touched her.  Laura