From:
gonduran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:48:52 -0300

Hello listmates,

This is my first posting to the list, although I have been learning how to
live GF from your mails for the last 7 months.

I was diagnosed (biopsy) with CD in November, and I only have one accident
two months later. Since then I have been extremely careful, I only eat the
food I cook and I am so meticulous that I don't believe I can be eating
gluten somehow.  However my anti-endomysial antibody levels are still high,
though anti-gliadin antibodies are now negative.  My health has improved by
the GF diet but I am not totally recovered.

Any ideas of why my antibody test is still positive?? Is there any
possibility that parasites or other food intolerance might be preventing the
intestine from healing?? I have searched the archives but I didn't find any
answer.I forgot to mention that I've begun to experience itching,
particularly on my legs and arms, but it doesn't look like DH. Might this
have something to do with the test results?

I would thank any information.

Rosario