Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 13:59:40 -0500

Hi all,

I rec'd my stool tests back today and am not totally clear on the results.
I am also scheduled for a biopsy on August 9th, but would appreciate if
anyone can give me some feedback.

Gluten Sensitivy Stool Test:  (Negative = <10 Units) ; my results indicated
27 Units

Stool Test for Autoimmune Reaction to Tissue Transgluataminase:  (Negative
= <10 Units) ; my results indicated 24 Units

Stool Test for Small Intestinal Malabsorption:  (Damage from mild to severe
= 500 up to 2000 Units);  my results indicated only 28 Units

This is the test I find most confusing.  I really thought for sure I was
suffering from malabsorption because of the appearance of my stools, the
terrible odor, the fact that they floated, colour, oiliness in water, etc.

Do you think these results indicate that I am not CD and do you think I
should still have the biopsy anyway.

The interpretation read as follows:

Analysis of stool sample indicate you have dietary gluten, resulting in
an associated autoimmune reaction to the human enzyme tissue
transgluataminase, but no small intestinal malabsorption/damage.  For
optimal health and prevention of further small intestinal damage,
osteoporosis, damage to tissues like nerves, joints, pancreas, skin,
liver among others) and malnutrition, we recommend a gluten free diet
and re- testing in one year.

The thing is that I have so many symptoms that already include the skin,
nerves, joints, muscles, in addition to chronic fatigue and stomach pain, I
am not sure why my results didn't indicate this.

Any feedback?

Thanks,

Jacquie