From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:51:08 -0400

This question is addressed to the "more mature" celiacs on the list.

Did any of you who were vaccinated against smallpox in childhood fail to
get the characteristic "scar" reaction as proof that it took?
I was vaccinated multiple times as a child when there was no visible
sign that it had been effective.  The doctors insisted "a non take" was
impossible and revaccinated, then finally gave up.

As an adult I found I am celiac and wondered if there were others who
had the same result.

I guess with all the talk about biochemical warfare I wondered if a
celiac's immune reaction is different than the population at large.
With other things such as rubella, measles, there is no visible sign
that immunization was effective and we seldom have titers run to find
out.

Thank you for any responses.

Coralie