From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:34:10 -0700

Listmates, I'm in shock!  Last year I was on a strict high protein, low
carbohydrate diet ALL YEAR, not because I had weight to lose, but
because I felt better not eating bread.  My diet included liberal
quantitied of meats, cheese & dairy.  I had my cholesterol measured in
the spring.  My total cholesterol was 440 (seriously high).  My
cholesterol had been high for years, but 440 was the highest ever.  My
doctor was really talking cholesterol lowering drugs.  I was seriously
opposed.  In April of this year I found out that I have gluten
intolerance & went on the GF diet.  I also found out I have sensitivity
to ALL milk products & eggs, so stopped eating them all together even
tiny amounts.  Last week I had my cholesterol checked again. Guess what?
My total is now 193!  Lower than it has ever seen it!  So ... that stuff
"they" tell you about diet not mattering when it comes to cholesterol
... don't buy it!  (If you haven't heard that one yet, you will soon.
I've heard it from my doctor for a couple of years.  I'm sure he heard
it from the drug rep!)  I think the drug companies tell you that so
you'll give up dieting & buy their liver frying cholesterol lowering
drugs!  I'm living proof that a dramatic diet change can make a dramatic
difference! ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA