From:
kristina kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:45:37 +0000

Hi All

Does anyone know why people with Dermatitis Herpetiformis have to avoid
iodine?  Does avoiding iodised salt mean we have to avoid sea salt and also
sea foods like fish, seaweed, prawns etc?  Or maybe iodine is nothing to do
with the sea, does anyone know why do they add it to some salts and not
others - I know that it's also an ingredient in some vitamin mineral
supplements so it's obviously required by the human body so what happens to
DH people if they don't have any intake of iodine, do we show any problems
caused by a shortage of iodine in our diet?

Thanks in advance, will summarize

Christine
England