From:
Schlueter, Cindy-WDC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:10:48 -0700

Hi!

I put together this card to use in restaurants.  I could not find a
restaurant card that covered both gluten and dairy.  Just thought
someone else may be able to use it.  I laminated it for easier travel
and use.  Let me know if anyone has any
suggestions/comments/improvements.  Thanks.

Cindy (Washington, DC)
GLUTEN AND DAIRY INTOLERANCE CARD
I have celiac disease and I am allergic to dairy.

Gluten Restrictions:

I cannot eat any food, product, chemical additive, or stabilizer containing
even a trace of wheat, rye, oats, barley, buckwheat, millet, triticale,
grain vinegar, malt or any derivatives of these grains.

Common forms of these grains include: bread, crackers, cookies, pasta,
breaded items, soy sauce, worchestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, etc. I
cannot eat anything breaded, coated, or stuffed with flour. Oil used for
frying must be "clean" (not used to fry any other food item - especially
breaded, etc.) or it is considered contaminated.

I can eat corn, rice, potatoes, vegetables, fish, and meats (those which are
broiled, pan fired, grilled, etc.).

Dairy Restrictions:

I cannot eat any food, product, chemical additive, or stabilizer containing
even a trace of dairy products or any derivatives.

Common forms of dairy products include: milk (all percentages), caesin,
whey, butter/margarine, cheese (all forms), sodium/potassium/calcium
casinate, cream, sour cream, milk fat, etc.

I can eat soymilk, rice milk, and various oils.

If you have any questions or doubts about food preparation for me, please do
not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much for your help and consideration.

Cindy Schlueter
Legal Secretary
202/654-1755