BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 00:42:53 -0500
Hello all,

I am involved in a little different project that promises to be very
interesting.

I have paperwork from the county sheriff to get a permit to carry a weapon.
(in print of course)  Being legaly blind -- There are some requirements
that also discriminate.  It will be some REAL FUN.  "Blind man gets permit
to carry a gun".  In my case it is more than a "gimmick".  I have been
physically assaulted more than once with NO ACTION TAKEN BY POLICE.  I have
been threatened more will follow, so must do what I can to protect myself.

The city has sent me (by e-mail, accessible) the claim forms to file a
claim against the city.  My plan is to file a very large claim because of
the discrimination and refusal to comply with laws (elder abuse and others)
and failure to enforce the penal and other codes fairly. Discrimination
plays a big part in enforcement or lack there of.  When you are blind and
in the opinion of our police, are unable to identify the criminal, no crime
has been committed.

If there are any attorneys out there who would like "a piece of the
action", I would welcome the help.

Pete