From:
Viola Chapkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:20:35 -0700

Dear all,

Thank you so much for forwarding  the information
relating to the celiac-friendly places in Las Vegas!!!

 My special thanks go to Catherine from Las Vegas who
maintains the database of local restaurants and health
food stores and Sedona who keeps the travel-related
messages in her database.  It was pointed our to me
that Las Vegas restaurants were already discussed and
summarized some time in February.  I apologize if this
message is redundant for some of you.  However, based
on the fact that several people asked me to summarize
I assume that not all of us have been subscribed to
the listserve or paid attention to this topic earlier.

So here it goes:

Bally's - good salads and safe food items
Bellaggio buffet and many menu items (very expensive,
BUT, if you stick to the appetizers you can have a
good meal at a VERY accommodating restaurant.)
Bertolini's in Caesar's -risotto, steak)
Billy Bob's at Sam's Town, and the breakfast buffet
Border Grill
Cheesecake Factory - salad, omlets, and other entrees
Caesar's,
The Cavalier- steak and salad
Denny's -- eggs, scrambled and omelets
House of Blues - Sushi
International Buffet at Rio
IHOP - breakfast items, but be aware they put pancake
mix in the omelet batter.
La Salsa at the Luxor - the fish tacos, no sauce, just
use limes.
Landry's
Lindo Michoacan on  East Desert Inn Road just east of
Eastern Ave (genuine Mexican food).
Luxor breakfast buffet before 8 a.m.
Lawry's Steakhouse, seasonings are GF
Marie Callendar - (some people recommended this place,
but other warned me to be careful in selecting the
right items)
Mandalay Bay -  ham, prime rib, ask chief to grill
chicken without sauces, zucchini medley in butter,
mashed potatoes, salads, fruits
MGM Grand Buffet - prime rib,  crab legs, boiled
shrimps, mashed potatoes
Outback Steakhouse - steak, baked potato, salad
without cheese.
Palace Station - chef's are reputed to be very
helpful.
Rio World Buffet (ask chief for help) fresh shrimp,
oysters on the half shell, crab leg, salads, fish
cooked to order (grill) plus just about every kind of
fish/vegs/potatoes/rice in the buffet line.
Rosewood Grill on the Strip - MUST ask about flour and
breading (pricey, but amazingly good)
Sam's Town Breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit,
prime rib, baked potato
Sushi take out place called Sushi on Tropicana Blvd.
Treasure Island buffet (ask chief to grill fish for
you)
Thai Spice
Wild Bill's Restaurant  - very celiac friendly.

Several people said that all buffets are good places
for salads and safe items, some eat steak, baked
potato, green beans, broiled fish almost anywhere -
always ask about seasoning/marinade, of course.

SHOP: Trader Joe's on Sunset Road;
Wild Oats Market at Warm Springs Rd. and Stephanie;
Spartan Health Store at Warm Springs and Eastern Ave.

Hope it helps!!!

Viola.