From:
Judy L.Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:47:10 EDT

Hello....

I have not posted to this list previously, but have been on the list for a
little while.   I am a musician on the road, and yesterday, in Jackson,
Michigan, ate at a Big Boy Restaurant.

The manager was very accomodating, even bringing out the packages of salad
dressings, cottage chesse, etc., for me to read to see what the ingredients
were.  Within a short time, he was aware of what I needed to know, and was
checking items in the kitchen and coming out to tell me.

The brand of cottage cheese was probably indigenous to this area, (Prarie
Farms)  but he said that all of the salad dressings came from the company
headquarters, so all Big Boy's would be the same. (no wheat protein, or
modified food starch).  I checked out about 5 different flavors of salad
dressing, including the Ranch & Blue-Cheese. ( so far FOR ME....I have not
been affected by ingestion of any vinegars, but  just one bite of ANYTHING
like bread or gravy or ANYTHING like that will send me into very bad
"episodes")

The salad bar had enough items on it that I could eat, and even tho the
cottage cheese was not on the salad bar, he brought me out a nice size bowl,
since I could not partake of all the items.

So, for me, and I hope for others this will help when travelling, or wanting
to eat out.

Regards,
Judy Miller