Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:04:12 -0500
From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>

Listmates,

here are the responses from my request about good seasons salad dressing
mix and Gf yogurts. Thanks to all who responded. Unfortunately the
response on good seasons was mixed, so I think I will stay away from it
for now.  Good seasons one person suggested this forum, which I have
checked and good seasons is not listed on Abbie's GF list.
http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/start/

"why don't you ask your hosts if they can use wishbone olive oil
vinegrette or else make a homemade marinade of olive oil, garlic, and
balsamic vinegar (maybe you could tote the health benefits of the olive oil)
Otherwise, you may have to bring your own food, cause i don't think that the
good seasons is gf. "

"It's your call on Good Seasons.  I've called them and they claimed they
could not guarantee it being GF, although I've used it as a marinade in
past summers without any ill effects.  Others have called them and
learned that it IS GF.  Who do you believe?"

"Yes, the Good Seasons if GF.  I have not called them for a while but I
use it all the time with no negative reactions."

"I also like these things so I was curious about using these and went to
the celiac database to see if I could find out any information for you
and to my delight I found these things, good seasons was listed as being
gf. I went to the celiac archives and found out about that for you. It
was under Item #10133 (19 Feb 1997)23:05 Salad dressing."

'I have been using Good Seasons Italian mix and was told it is GF.'

"Good Seasons is GF; I called the company."

"I always re-read the labels on anything I buy - you never know when they
will change the ingredients."

Yogurts "Dannon has tested its plain yogurt and found that it DOES
contain gluten.  Stonyfield Farms plain yogurts are GF; their flavoured
yogurts are not.  Colombo yogurts are all GF"

"Then I went to the web site for Stonyfield yogurt and found out the
their plain yogurt is supposed to be gf. Their site address is
www.stonyfield.com "

"If you can find Horizon Organic yogurt in your grocery store, I'd go
with that.  It's GF and also Organic "

" Also, stonyfield plain yogurt is gf."

Joan K. Davitt
Instructor
Bryn Mawr College
Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research
300 Airdale Rd.

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610)520-2627
(610)520-2655 (fax)