From:
Jessie James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:47:49 -0700

I received about a dozen responses to my original post which warned that all
'apple cider vinegar' is not gf and gave an example of two nearly identical
names from labels, only one of which is gf.

Interesting that several people missed the point and told me that all
vinegar contains acetic acid.  (Didn't we know that?)  They had focused on
the first part of the name and totally missed the fact that one said Pure or
100% apple cider vinegar while the other didn't.

Some told me that all vinegar is gf and that I must be mistaken.

The responses to my original post made it clear that readers, even very
bright ones, judging by their erudite posts on acetic acid,  can read the
same two lines on a label and get entirely different misinformation from it.

Janet said:

"I saw your recent post on apple cider vinegar.  At our
state convention in 2000, someone mentioned that some
of the apple cider vinegar lists something similar to
apple flavoring in it.  We really need to read those
labels!"

So please folks, read every word carefully on a label and make note of
obvious omissions like 'pure' and 100%'.

Jessie