From:
George W Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 16:54:51 -0500
Tom Turak, you wrote;
High quality ppga LX motherboards can be pushed to 500 using a celeron,
they
will not support a flip-chip celeron ( all the celerons over 533) without
the upgrade socket converter.  I have a couple ppga lx boards, and one or
two slot-1 boards.  Using the latest slot 1 to fc-pga converters, you
could
put a 733 celeron on an lx slot-1 motherboard.  The FSB will always run
at
66, but my boards at least have some optimizing memory timing selections
in
cmos.

Tom right now I'm running a Celeron 433 PPGA in a Slotket adaptor for
slot one. Dimms are still PC66 @ 64Meg.
Is the fc-pga cpu a 370 pin cpu like the ppga? Would it fit the same
adapter?
Also how can a 733 cpu run at that large a multiple of the FSB? This has
me puzzled. Did you have the largest gain in system speed with the faster
cpu or especially with the faster DIMMs?
Geo Hurless
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.