From:
R Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:50:52 -0700
<<My cholesterol numbers were bothering him (this was several years
pre-paleo). His recommendation: at the start of the day, drink the fresh
squeezed juice of 1 or 2 lemons stirred into a glass of water...he said he
had no idea
why it worked with most of his patients...it helped me>>

Improved liver function is one of the main benefits of this drink.  As
Siobhan notes, "The liver enzyme, lipase, burns hormone-sensitive fats and
will clear out lipid deposits in the arteries."

Can Todd's elevated cholesterol be associated with impaired liver function?
A simple blood test can screen four sets of liver enzymes.  The elevated
presence of these enzymes in the bloodstream can be an indication of
different liver problems.

Rob