C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:57:06 -0500
Cindy,

Believe me, I know about the frustration you must be feeling right about now
with receiving the power chair and having it in this shape already.  I'm not
trying to defend Invacare, but I myself have had pretty good luck with that
company trying to make things right for me as the customer.  They have even
mailed me directly this past January to let me know about a recall my four
year old power chair was in and they even paid the local wheelchair dealer
to fix the part that was recalled.  From my dealings working at the Prentke
Romich Company and from watching my dad ordering beds for our store, I know
that once in a while a product might look great at the factory and once a
customer receives it, it has problems.  This just happens out of the blue,
it doesn't matter how good or bad a manufacture is but it's their job to
make it right for the customer whoever it happens to be.

Thanks,
Anthony

  Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:26 PM
  Subject: Invacare sucks

  Hi,

  I got a new chair mid July, only had it for 2 weeks & the left motor blew
  (smoke & everything).  It was in the shop for 3 weeks.  Got it back last
  week, only had it 5 days & the new motor they had just put in, started
  leaking oil!  Needless to say, it's back in the shop awaiting a new
  motor!  I e-mailed the company & complained, no response yet (e-mailed
  Tues.).  If 1 more thing goes wrong, I'm demanding a new chair!

  Cindy