C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:20:49 -0500
Brent:
> I've spent my entire life in NC. Born in Anson County, college in Raleigh,
> and now Charlotte. I've considered a few times getting a neuro consult, as
> haven't seen a doctor specifically about my cp in nearly 15 years. (With
the
> exception of the FAA medicals mentioned elsewhere.)

I went to St. Andrews in Laurinburg and Gardner-Webb in Boiling Springs.
Also did grad work at WFU.

> Lots of pilots here, I see. Cool. I was never as athletic as you. I do a
bit
> of day hiking up along the Blue Ridge (Linville area, mostly) in Spring
and
> Fall, but I've never been much of a jock. <smile>

That's a beautiful area!  Have you been down in the Gorge?  That was where
the Green Berets would train back in the 1960s.  Used to hike at Roan Mtn.
and in Lost Cove area.

> Database programming? I do a bit of contract work from time to time in
SQL.
> Tell me more?

Mostly getting data from our data warehouse (which I can't talk about
without using four-letter words), and SAP via MS Access and Cognos, using
SQL and Visual Basic.

> Well you know how we men are. <grin> I really don't know much about W-S,
> 'cept Smith Reynolds Airport. I used to fly in there a lot when I was
> getting my IFR ticket. That and First Union just picked your civic pocket
in
> moving the Wachovia corporate headquarters to Charlotte after the merger.
Well, I don't work for the banking industry but for the textiles industry;
I'm with Sara Lee Hosiery, in the HRIS department.

> Thanks for the welcome.

You're welcome!  We're a cool and friendly bunch!

Kat