C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:33:48 -0500
We Americans tend to worship youth, conformity, and "fitness."
"Disability' rather represents a model  not to be emulated.  Ironically,
we disabled possess all the grit and fortitude that requires the best of
being human.  So likely would a person at 90 years.

As for what the crowd applauds--perhaps it is best to avoid crowds.  ;-)

Hugs,

Steve