BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Preservationist Protection Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 08:16:04 +1000
John

Thank you for your response.
You have managed to pull together in an eloquent and
concise manner the random thoughts rattling around in
the box on top of my shoulders.

I knew I wanted to make no interventions.
I felt I didn't need to.
But there was this pressure to DO SOMETHING to fix the
leaks.

Permission requested to quote from your email ... with
acknowledgement of course.

Regards

david

<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > how much intervention
> > > is acceptable to stop any leaks?
>
> I find that as I walk along the path of my career in
> preservation that I do
> Less and at the same time More to buildings.

> The pattern is clear to me. Less and less
> physical work saves
> more and more buildings.

> That excitement comes from
> the spirit of the building that has been preserved
> by our letting go of the
> physical building.

> About your leak: Minimize physical intervention,
> maximize mental
> intervention. Get as close to the source of the
> water as possible to
> implement physical intervention. For example,
> control the water further up
> the wall before it gets to the window. Get even
> closer to the source of the
> water by implementing mental intervention. For
> example, teach the occupants
> how to use the windows by inspiring them to love
> their building, convince
> the managers of the building to maintain the
> windows, and, not least of all,
> pray to your god for less rain on the windows.

> John (with a name like that he ought to know) Leeke

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!