BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 12:34:24 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/00 2:50:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Met History?

Sharpshooter,

Well, actually, Pirate was considering challenging you to another Weehawken
duel (actually, lunch in a Polish restaurant in Brooklyn is more like it)
over his spelling, but easily changed his mind after I 'splained you said,
"GREAT WRITERS" before you said, " are they always bad spellers?" I had to
cross my chest three times and swear to die right there on the bluestone
sidewalk that it was a COMPLIMENT you meant (I hope?). Just think, I must
have saved your life while walking along in Park Slope last week. What a loss
it would be to historic preservation (remembering I get in trouble if I do
not include a reference to histo presto in my internet correspondences... oh,
yeah, well, right... this is not PL)... if the fury of Pirate had been
carried out in a deathless battle of drawn pens between two mighty GIANTS!

Shaman