AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oluyemi Falomo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 05:43:29 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

From: "Oluyemi Falomo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Wed,  1 Oct 2003 05:30:46 -0600

Don't blame Obasanjo at least not yet, blame the technocrafts in government service. They and their (foreign partners) had this  settled before Obasanjo came on the scene. The committee set up by Obasanjo's Special Adviser on Space,Science and Technology advised against it. They tried everything to derail our own Blue Print for Nigeria's space program. Some of the persons how occupied the seat of Minister of Science and Technology were kept in total darkness. The contract for this $10 million was signed while we were still fighting to put the program on hold for a thorough review. At that time  we were told the Nigerian Engineers will design our own satellite, now we are told that they were trained to man the earth's receiving stations none of which existed when the contract was signed. The chairman of that committee has returned to the USA on retirement. You and I both know the reason. The statements attributed to Dr. Ade Adigun ( Senior Special Adviser) were quoted out of context to suit their purpose. I for one will continue to pray for Nigeria.
But please note that no Head of State can be successful either for GOOD or for BAD if he is not helped along by some civil servants. There lies our BIGGEST PROBLEM. And that is the truth.
Oluyemi Falomo