AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aggo Akyea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:18:29 -0600
Thanks so very much, Felix, for your message. Thanks to you and the other
members of the AAM Executive of 2001, the Association lives on and we all
appreciate your hard work and commitment. I admire your foresight on
focusing on the children and how they can be integrated into the growth of
the Association to address the bigger objectives of the Association. I know
the new executive will strive to maintain and build on that legacy.

Down the road, we are all looking forward to increasing the rolls of members
of the Association. Not just in numbers but with new sisters and brothers
with new ideas.  Additionally, I hope we will be able to address the
perennial question of making it worth a fellow African or friend of Africa's
while to join the African Association of Madison. New programs such as a
Lecture Series, and productively conceived member benefits will go a long
way to addressing this involvedness.

Finally, I hope and pray we will all keep our eyes on the price of how we
can in our own small way, make a positive impact on the lives of one African
and advance the image of Africa as a whole.

Thanks again and Happy holidays, blissful Kwanzaa and a prosperous New Year
to you all.

Cheers.