AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E. AGGO AKYEA" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 03:59:55 -0500
I will like to take this opportunity to welcome you all the African
Association of Madison, Inc internet Discussion List.  I had prepared a
formal sort of welcome message but due to computer problems over the
weekend, I have lost the message.  As a matter of fact, some of you may
have gotten it last Friday.  I will find the message and send it out yet.

I must first of all say a big thank you to Mr. Peter Munoz, a mayoral
assistant at Mayor Sue Bauman's office, and also director of Communities
United here in Madison.  He alerted me to the fact that my alma mater, St.
John's University in New York, provides this service free of charge to
non-profit organizations.  I followed-up with him, and Peter helped set
everything up.  I will like us all to give Peter a big African "Thank You."

As you all know, I am no where near a computer expert, so together we will
all take baby steps through this crazy internet world.  If you are having
problems with the AAM Discussion List, do let Katim Touray or me know about
it, and together we will try to solve the problem.  If you know anyone
interested in being on the list, please let us know.

Now, why this Discussion List for our African community here in Madison?
Simply to help us communicate.  I cannot put it any better than that.  With
respect for each other, and common sense, we can make it a very useful
resource.

Over to you folks, and welcome once again to the AAM Discussion List.

Sweet wishes.