AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:25:52 -0500
From: Ricardo Gonzalez" <[log in to unmask]> 07/30/01 04:22PM

Dear friends and colleagues:

A brief note to let you all know that the dance was a great success.  We had about 175 people show up which, even though was not as many as we hoped for in order to realize a better profit, it was still a significant turnout and we got a lot of exposure to new people.  Combined with the dinner at Jingle's, these events pulled in roughly $4500 and made many new friends for our Association.

Many thanks to all the volunteers who donated their labor and money to ensure the success of these events.  Now we have to concentrate on selling the raffle tickets so that we can have the drawing on October 3.

I will be away this week and not able to join you at the meeting Wednesday.  Have a good one!  Remember, it is at the Social Justice Center, 1202 Williamson St., at 7pm.  Again, thanks to everyone!

Ricardo.