AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelechi Eke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:18:31 -0700
CONGRATULATIONS, AFRICA UNITED!! and CONGRATULATIONS,
AAM!!!  Thank God for journey mercies, I made it back
to Dallas safely.  I was so happy to be there to cheer
my brothers to victory during which I lost my voice
after 40 minutes of watching the game.  The guys
played with so much finesse, it was like watching a
live world cup match.  They were just TERRIFIC.
Cherif, our captain, did a marvelous job controlling
the tempo of the game and Bro Ray was wonderful on the
sideline coaching, calling the plays and firing up the
guys.

I could feel the love and support from all of you
physically and spiritually as I reflected on the good
old days.  Though not physically there, I could see
brother Richard and his two sons cheering.  Though not
physically there, I could see brother Godwin cheering
out loud and doing some coaching along the sideline.
It was a dream come true as I watched with pride, and
it seemed like yesterday when I was asking some of my
brothers in the Madison soccer league: "Why are we
playing against each other, why can't we have our own
team?"  With all the odds and persistence, here we are
today.  How sweet it is, indeed!!!!

Brothers and sisters please continue to show your
support to our soccer team.  As an advocate of
Pan-Africanism, the "secret" behind the name - AFRICA
UNITED is from the Organization of African Unity (OAU)
and in this case, "United" is a symbol of "family."
The team is YOURS, they have made us proud and our
continual support will keep them in high spirits as
they face new challenges ahead.  Please allow me to
extend my hearty CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that
helped do the ground work in getting us where we are
today.  We've come a long way.  Up Africa United!!!!!
We have the best team in Madison, and we have the real
"coach of the year."  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

KC

Kelechi Eke
Founder, AfricansNetwork
http://www.africansnetwork.com