AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Becky Kambeu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:07:00 PST
Dear Mabel,
I agree with your remarks about Aggo's polished stories on Ghana, and
yet very negative stories about others African countries. I thought that
I just did not get it, but thanks for bringing that to daylight.
Good day!

Becky

>Date:         Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:47:08 -0500
>From:         mabel enwemnwa <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Sierra Leone tests a troubled region
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>
>Dear Peter,
>        Aggo could just be "the messenger" as you pointed out. but have
you
>ever wandered why Aggo never finds any of the many "BBC Stories" that
are
>negative about Ghana. As K.C rightly pointed out, there are many ways
we
>can help one another out here. If there is a super formular that worked
>wonders in Ghana, why not let us hear it, so we can apply it in our
>troubled Nigeria in particular!
>        I remember when a Nigerian guest/keynote speaker at the AFRICA
2000
>Symposium organized on campus in 1996 made a comment about the
activities
>of African leaders in the West African sub-region: Aggo (who had just
>returned from a trip to Ghana), responded very rudely and harshly from
the
>audience because the speaker had listed Rawlings as one of those
leaders!!
>My question is: can't we grow up and try to look instead at ways of
helping
>ourselves out here? Or is it that Aggo has just also returned from
Nigeria
>and knows more what is happening there?
>        By now, people should know that Nigerians are their own
strongest
>critics--we do not paint any pictures to look good to others. PLEASE
stop
>this "holier than that attitude" that seems to run through Aggo's
postings,
>even while he was president of the AAM. I don't know that that is an
>enviable attribute of a leader!! Advise Aggo to try other jokes that
don't
>have Nigeria as their lead story! It is enough!!!
>        Some of us are not too young to remember that we all (even
Ghana)