From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:55:17 -0700

GOOD GRIEF!!!

I find this to be necessary from some of the unbelievable answers I
received to my discussion of the illogical phrase, "a molecule of gluten is
as bad as pound." Some wanted to know how to measure the amount of gluten
they could eat each day.

I never ever said, and I definitely do not and never did advocate measuring
the amount of gluten that's safe each day and allowing that in my diet.
That would be like measuring the amount of rat poison that's safe and
purposely eating that. DON'T EVER ALLOW ANY GLUTEN THAT YOU KNOW ABOUT INTO
YOUR DIET!

My argument in that post was strictly aimed at the idea that anyone could
believe that a molecule of gluten is as bad as a pound of gluten. That's
like saying a molecule of rat poison is as bad as a pound of rat poison.
One you wouldn't notice, the other might kill you.

Actually I don't think you could even get a single molecule of gluten to
eat in the first place. Gluten is made of several linked molecules. Half of
it is composed of glutenin, and half is composed of 52 separate gliadin
proteins, each of which is a molecule in itself (since any protein is a
molecule). Out of these many gliadin proteins, the new research
demonstrates that only two linked gliadin proteins are the harmful ones. So
to get what harms us you would have to separate off these two proteins from
all the other ingredients of gluten; and then you'd have to ingest TWO
linked molecules to have a critical harmful mass.

DON'T EAT GLUTEN, EVER. -vance